Mon, 15 Nov 1993 19:00:20 CET
Eric Thomas <[log in to unmask]> wrote on Mon, 15 Nov 1993 18:39:
> [...]
> I frankly  don't understand what  this is supposed  to mean. There  is no
> relationship between the  structure of the BITNET core and  the amount of
> CPU time  or disk space  used up by  LISTSERV, unless you  start counting
> individual  kilobytes. There  is  a  version of  LISTSERV  that can  work
> without NJE.  L-Soft announced a joint  study a couple weeks  ago through
> which this new version will be  tested in production on several sites. It
> will definitely be  available by July; all the code  has been written, it
> just  needs  to be  tested  in  a  real-life  situation and  debugged  as
> necessary.

The point is if LISTSERV will run on some sort of Unix box, Rice
and many others are simply going to dump their mainframe...

Is L-Soft also going to implement a (true) Unix listserv sometime in the
future?

+gg

--
Gerhard Gonter         //////// CyberSpace               <[log in to unmask]>
Tel: +43/1/31336/4111  //// the final ////       <[log in to unmask]>