Russ Hicks <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 9 Apr 2002 13:00:01 -0500
Hi guys!

Okaaaaaaaaaayyy!!!  I'm in business now!  The key was Ben Parker's
observation that something was missing on the Temple server, and Stan
Horwitz - who's always extremely thorough - checked it out and sure enough,
the BAD_ATTACHMENT mail template had never been installed.  He installed it
this morning and everything works like a hose now!  The amazing thing is
that no one had caught that error for over TWO YEARS!  A blind hog finds an
acorn, I guess...  Story of my life...  <laughing>

Thanks for the fix Stan!

A special thanks also goes to Russ Hunt who wrote me in a private email ...

>I found banners just too complicated for the payback when my list was just
>run by email, but
>the Web interface makes it very simple.  Go to "manage the list," then
>"templates" and select
>what you want.  Piece of cake.

Well DUUUH!!!  Is my face ever red!  I've looked at that List Management
screen a million times over the past couple of years and never saw that
"Templates" button.  It was hidden in the dead center of the bar, I
guess...  I definitely need new glasses...!  Thanks Russ!  (Good name, by
the way.)

Okay, now that my PROBLEM is solved, I can begin to tinker a little more
and add some bells and whistles I've thought about for a long
time.  Footers, requester questionnaires, FAQs, etc.  A little knowledge is
a dangerous thing, but Stan has pointed me to a test list at Temple so I
won't mess up my production list as I experiment with things.  And thanks
Jane Lyle for the IU site.  I've got some time to read it now.

You guys are great!  Thanks so much for all your help.  I hope I can
contribute to someone else's solution sometime.

Best regards,

Russ

Dallas, Texas
972-881-1451 home, 972-489-6169 cell