Stan Horwitz <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 15 Sep 1997 12:57:51 EDT
On Mon, 15 Sep 1997 08:18:18 -0400 Pete Weiss said:
>|I've yet to understand why LISTSERV requires multi-worded names, it seems
>|to cause more trouble than it's worth.
>
>I've yet to have a problem with LISTSERV requiring multi-worded names, and
>that's w/o trying to bypass.
>
>Of course your mileage may vary.

Yup, YMMV,  but for me,  the multi-worded  names requirement of  Listserv has
never been  a problem. I have  personally been maintaining one  list here for
about ten years  with an average of 1500 subscribers.  As Listserv postmaster
here, I  am also indirectly  responsible for well over  600 lists and  I have
never had a single complaint on this issue.

  Stan  Horwitz  Internet: [log in to unmask]  Bitnet:  STAN@TEMPLEVM
  Temple University  -- Senior  Consultant (My  views are  all mine!)
  Manager of the Help-Net and Suggest lists and Listserv Postmaster.