"Peter M. Weiss +1 814 863 1843" <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 9 Nov 1996 13:22:00 EST
>really screw up the list as far as sorting by name goes.  I rarely
>do that but a co-owner does regularly, so when a new sub comes in
>with the wrong format I just change it to one which will sort properly.

BTW, in this particular case a list-owner can change a
Subscriber's name field w/o doing a DEL followed by an ADD
(which is what the owner does if they manually process a
change of subscriber address).

QUIET ADD listname userid@node canonical_firstname canonical_lastname

BTW, the userid portion must match letter-for-letter/
case-for-case with the original subcriber, otherwise instead
of the ADD acting like a CHANGE, it will _add_ a second
subscription.

/Pete Weiss at Penn State