Linda Busdiecker <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 5 Oct 2000 14:52:31 -0400
How can I modify the templates for the messages that get returned to confirm
commands, for example, the message that a subscriber gets to confirm a
subscription request:

Your command:

                   SUBSCRIBE listname firstname lastname

has  been received.  You must  now reply  to this  message (as  explained
below) to  complete your subscription.  The purpose of  this confirmation
procedure is to  check that the address  LISTSERV is about to  add to the
list for your subscription is reachable.  This is a typical procedure for
high-volume lists and  all new subscribers are subjected to  it - you are
not  being  singled  out.  Every  effort  has  been  made  to  make  this
verification as  simple and painless  as possible. Thanks in  advance for
your cooperation....

My apologies if I've missed something obvious, I've looked on the LSOFT web
site, in the hardcopy documentation, in the files on the system, and just
can't find the templates.

I'm the LISTSERV administrator, so anything one can do with LISTSERV (on NT)
via the installed product interface or e-mail, I should be able to do (once
I find out how!) -- we are not currently running the web interface.

TIA,
Linda Busdiecker