"M. LEBLANC" <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 26 Jul 1998 12:02:51 EDT
Winship <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Boils down to what works and what doesn't, and the concientious listowner
>does what works< regardless.  But the concientious listowner also does his
>best, like Maureen Leblanc, to understand how the system he is using and

homina homina ...

thank you douglas, you're very kind. (now, if i can just think of a way
to get this posted to my list and the newsgroup... ) ;- D

>LISTSERV work.  If LISTSERV won't let you do something, like edit an "ok"
>and use the same approval code, YOU figure out how to do it yourself.  If
>you think the list is of importance, and the edting job is worth the work

though i've never edited a post and posted it as being from the
original sender (it'd cause a bit of a ruckus out on rec.music.dylan
and hwy61-l...)  i can understand the need to do that on some lists.
but it's one of those things that you just have to figure out a way
to do, if you really want to do it.

>involved, you do it.  And you don't moan and groan about it, other than
>occaisional "hey, Eric, could you do this?".

oh ... thanks for reminding me ...

hey Eric, could you set up listserv to spit out a silver dollar at me
each time i approve a post? i'm pretty sure it'd be a real popular
feature and look forward to it's implementation. thanks. :-)

>The listowner does whatever is required to keep the list functioning
>properly, regardles of how long it takes or how convenient it is, and

and that's the truth.

maureen

"the rovin' gambler he was very bored tryin' to create a next world war
he found a promoter who nearly fell on the floor
said i've never been involved in this kind of thing before but
yes I think it can be very easily done
we'll just put some bleachers out in the sun and have it out on
highway 61!"
(b.dylan)