Wayne T Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 19 May 2003 14:36:09 -0400
Mendez, Rottman wrote:
> Is that a specific command used? Could you please advise on how that
> command would be sent out.

My suggestion was to use "default-topics=" in the list configuration.
For example,

    Default-Topics= Welcome,other

Everyone that you add or subscribe on their own would gain these
attributes.  You send out a welcoming message when you wish, making sure
that the subject line begins with "Welcome:".  Then you quietly set all
subscribers with topic "-welcome" (left as an exercise).  List mail
without subject line beginning "Welcome:" is sent to everyone always.
Once subscribers are reset with "-welcome", they no longer receive the
welcome posts.  See the site managers manual (or a detailed list owners
manual, I suppose, for more information on Topics.   cheers, wayne