Barbara Passmore <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 31 Mar 2003 15:40:12 -0500
Thank you all.

I have used "nomail" with one of the offenders.  Most of our subscribers
don't know they can change their options so when I wrote he was being
set to nomail for failure to remove the ban he had placed on a fellow
subscriber, he wrote me to find out how he could be reinstated.

I graciously reinstated him, and he thanked me.  That won't work with
all, but did work with that one.

Other than this, I have had no problem with AOL, and I don't attribute
this to AOL itself, but to the subscribers.  Just lucky about that, I
guess, since I detect a lot of venom from others.  Hotmail is another
story, I am sorry to say.

It is a thorn to have to check the bounced message and find it was
caused by our own subscriber.  If it gets worse, I would hope Listserv
could create a way of actually suspending the subscriber that would
not be reversible by the subscriber.

Barbara Passmore