Liz Marr <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 29 Oct 2000 16:17:57 -0800
Here is the response one of my admin team got when asking why she was
not getting message approvals or other admin type mail:

--------
  The mail is not being delivered because the mailserver for the domain
MITVMA.MIT.EDU (pacific-carrier-annex.mit.edu) is in the ORBS
database as being an open relay and therefore is not allowed to send mail
to the Qwest.net domain.
   Please refer to www.orbs.org for information on what ORBS is and
what you can do to get the mailserver (ip address 18.69.0.28) out of
the listing.
   In the meantime, you may want to open a free webbased email account
for the purpose of exchanging mail with MIT.
-------

First of all, can someone explain to me in English what in the world they are
talking about.  Second, does anyone have a solution besides the obvious.
On the same note, HOTMAIL is either not delivering MITVMA Listserv
messages, or MITVMA is not accepting HOTMAIL messages. So this
freemail source is apparently not an option.  Anyone have an inside track
on this?  HOTMAIL is recognizing my admin requests with APPLE server.

Liz Marr