Adam Gold <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 17 Feb 1996 10:20:25 -0500
On Fri, 16 Feb 1996, Sue Paduano wrote:

> One of my list members is having a problem when she posts email to
> anywhere not just my list.  That is her school has her whole address and
> telephone listed in her email in the posted messages.  Is there anyway I
> can set her up through a buffer zone?  I can understand why this is
> embarassing to her although this is not listserv's fault.  The address
> she is talking about gets placed in the body of the message upon every
> post that she makes to any body.

I think that the school has created a .sig file for her that gets
appended to each message she sends.  If she has a unix account, have her
do an "ls -a" and see if she lists a .sig or .signature file.  If so, she
can just remove it.  If it's a vm or a vax, she can go to her file list,
and erase her signature file.   Seems to me to be the easiest way to
solve the problem.

Adam Gold

http://thunder.ocis.temple.edu/~agold
Yes I'm going to graduate someday, No I don't know when!!!