Natalie Maynor <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 19 Mar 1993 17:59:32 CST
How did the personal reply I sent to Melvin Klassen end up on LSTOWN-L??
Here are the headers in the note it was in reply to:

> From [log in to unmask] Fri Mar 19 12:30:55 1993
> Date:         Fri, 19 Mar 93 10:22:24 PST
> From: Melvin Klassen <KLASSEN@UVVM>
> Subject:      Re: Vanishing List Mail
> To: Natalie Maynor <maynor@MSSTATE>

And when I entered the 'r' command, I checked the address it popped up --
as I always try to do in order to avoid an e-oops.  Not only that, I used
the ~h command to add .bitnet to his address as it appeared in the header
of the reply.  That reply went to Melvin, not to LSTOWN-L.  So *how* did it
end up being distributed to the list??  If it went only to Melvin, that
must mean....  Never mind.  I think it's pretty obvious what it means.
I don't really mind that my anger at Melvin, who has been bugging me for
the past couple of years, was blasted around the world.  I do, however,
find it highly annoying to think that something I did not send to a list
got sent to it through trickery.
   --Natalie ([log in to unmask])