Francoise Becker <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 13 Jun 2005 13:19:27 -0400
On 11 Jun 2005 at 13:44, Pete Weiss <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> if you are requiring them to receive the message, what are you dong to
> ensure that the processes are working properly

Ooh, ooh! Another opportunity to tell you about Maestro (sorry, but
Maestro is "my" baby, and I love it :-) )

Maestro also has tracking capabilities, and the tracking offers
varying levels of privacy, to meet various needs.

For example, if the emails are really so important that it's a
condition of employement for people to read them, you can use
"personal" tracking, which lets you know exactly who read it and who
didn't. You can give the recipients a link to follow and that will be
"personally tracked" that's labeled "Click this link to acknowledge
that you have received and read this email". And then after a few
days you can resend the message to those who did not click that link.

On the other hand, if it's just "strongly recommended" that people
read the emails, then you could use one of 3 levels of tracking with
varying levels of anonymity. For example, "anonymous tracking" does
not track individuals, but tracks demographics: if you did anonymous
tracking by department, for example, you would not know which
individuals had read and clicked the link, but you would know that 10
people from dept X and 5 people from dept Y and no-one from dept Z
clicked the link. Then you can send reports to department heads and
let the department heads "promote" the mailing if necessary within
their departments.

And finally, if it's not even "strongly recommended", but you just
want to have some idea of how many people actually read the e-mails,
the final 2 forms of tracking "unique tracking" and "blind tracking"
are for you. They just tell you how many unique or total clicks there
were. Unique tracking assigns a random ID to each recipient so it can
tell how many unique recipients clicked. Blind tracking just counts
clicks and can't tell whether 1 person clicked 50 times or 50 people
each clicked once.

All that I ask is that if you use personal tracking, you let people
know about it.

--
Francoise Becker <[log in to unmask]>

Knowledge is just a click away: http://www.lsoft.com/optin.html