Nate Eckstine <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 21 Jun 2007 12:01:34 -0700
Why is posting in HTML discouraged? We have a lot of announcement lists
that post exclusively in HTML

In a discussion list I could see where it would be difficult if people
were posting bad html to a list.

Nate Eckstine (DoIT CityWide Webteam)

City of Seattle Department of Information Technology
700 Fifth Ave. Suite 2700
Seattle, WA 98104-5065   USA

(206) 733-9658

Pete Weiss wrote the following on 6/21/2007 2:28 PM:

> Recently, I've changed my lists' default SIZELIM from 250 lines to
500
> ... it was too difficult to tell folks how not to send both plain
and
> styled text to lists. No one is whining now ;-)

Language= NOHTML works well, other than for those rare cases when only

HTML is sent. But then the subscriber gets a pretty graphic example of

the reason why we ask that they not post in HTML.
--
Karen Reznek
head listowner -- Asperger