Harold Pritchett <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 24 Feb 1994 14:07:57 EST
On Thu, 24 Feb 1994 09:50:16 CST Paula Roper said:
>The other day someone sent a message about a list with about 900
>subscribers, indicating that it was a somewhat large list.  What
>would be considered a small, medium, large list?

I have a list with 9500 subscibers.  Based upon that, I would consider 900
to be at best medium to large.  I did a quick look at the list headers on
my listserv, and came up with the following numbers.

Total lists = 197
1000+           4
500 - 1000      6
250 -  500     20
100 -  250     33
 50 -  100     20
  1 -   50    104

>                                                  Wouldn't the focus
>of the group (more popular v more esoteric subject matter) have
>an impact on how large a group might be?

Absolutely!

>                                          Additionally, has a predictable
>rate of growth over time been noted in connection with these groups.

Yes.  Always up.

>Does anyone know of any literature that addresses these issues?

None that I know of.

Harold