Eric Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 10 Feb 1995 03:31:20 +0100
We  haven't made  any  decision regarding  printed  manuals. The  current
thinking is  that most of the  documentation will be freely  available in
online form.  If there is  enough demand we  can always print  copies and
sell them. I'm not sure looseleaf  updates are cost effective because IBM
abandoned them a  long time ago. Given  the amount of docs  they ship you
even if  you explicitly say you  absolutely, positively don't want  a 5th
copy just because  you bought a 5th  machine, I imagine that  if it's not
cost effective for  them it's bound to  be a very lousy  deal for smaller
companies. I  hear the list  owner's guide is  coming along well  and the
keyword reference  is finished.  Unfortunately this means  I now  have to
review them ;-(

  Eric