Eric Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 4 Jan 91 22:18:53 +0100
On Fri, 4 Jan 91 15:35:14 EST "John M. Wobus" <JMWOBUS@SUVM> said:
>P.S. What  recently reminded  me of  this train of  thought is  that the
>"LISTSERV network"  now directs  our Internet mail  through a  node that
>can't seem  to deliver  mail to  various Internet nodes  that I  have no
>trouble reaching from said Unix system. Previously, when the mail passed
>through Princeton or Cornell, I didn't have this problem.

The solution is to complain to the appropriate people.

Case 1: mail is routed via INTERBIT, and some site on the way has defined
its own INTERBIT with a broken name server, affecting in-transit mail not
generated at the site. This is unacceptable, so complain to them.

Case 2: the local DOMAIN NAMES file has been modified by your mail people
in such a way as to cause these problems, so complain to them.

Case 3: a new entry in the  "standard" DOMAIN NAMES file is causing this.
Try to find out why, and tell Hank Nussbacher <HANK@BARILVM>.

  Eric