Kieran O'Connor <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 11 Jun 1997 16:04:07 -0500
Our site just got up to 1.8c. I've done some reading on the probe feature.

i have a list qith 1100 subscribers, and I have renewal every six months. I
like it because it weeds people off the list who no longer use their accts,
etc.

The probe feature, as far as i can read, only checks to see if there is a
valid path to a subscriber: i.e., can they get mail. What seems to be
missing is "do they want to get mail." Obviously they could sign off, but
some don't, or they leave and their account is active but they shoudlnt be
getting mail.

Anyway--I'm wondering, is there a way to get the benefits of PROBE and
regular renewal?

Kieran

Kieran O'Connor
OCM BOCES: Serving Cortland, Chittenango, APW, Lansing
Syracuse, NY USA  [log in to unmask]

(607) 753-6061 or  (315) 433-8335