Dave Phillips <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 27 Oct 1996 15:31:00 -0500
>What you say is generally true, but there are exceptions.  One example
>is where the management of an organization wants to be able to send
>email to all employees.  As long as you are employed there, you don't
>have the right to unsubscribe from such a list.
>
>Another case might be where you have agreed to be on a list as
>a condition of receiving some service.

Even then, there might be good reasons (e.g., temporary software
maintenance) which might make an employee's unsubbing or setting oneself
to NOMAIL useful. I suppose one would want to block SET options then as
well?  It's not like the owner can't tell if someone has unsubbed from
his/her list.

I see a "Dilbert" here, somewhere :)

-Dave Phillips