Brian Lingard <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 13 Apr 1999 20:51:15 -0400
13 April 1999 Ottawa Canada

A couple of years ago, we added subscription renewal, yearly to
[log in to unmask], a list I have been listowner of for several
years and a list which had many existing subscribers prior to
implimenting subscription renewal.

It seems as if the subscribers who have subscribed after implimenting
subscription renewals are getting an annual subscription renewal request
but that the old subscribers who were already subscribed before renewal
was implimented are not getting an annual renewal request.

I issued a quiet query blind-l for *@* and noticed the old subscribers do
not appear to have a subscription date on file.

So my question is:

How do I see to it that the subscribers with no subscription date on file
get a subscription notice?

My other question is how I can assign a subscription date to about 300
subscribers who do not have them?

I suppose I could do a bunch of quiet delete and quiet add then quiet set
commands for each subscriber involved, but am hoping there is a much less
labor intensive way of accomplishing this.

Reading the Listowner manual, I noticed that subscribers who post
regularly to the list are considered to have valid addresses and are not
sent a renewal request.  However most of my old subscribers seldom post
to the list so the active user rule does not apply.

Thanks in advance for any and all help.

Brian Lingard

tel (613) 954-8280