James Chamier <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 28 Apr 1998 20:02:22 +0100
Glenn Alperin <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

<snip>
>You could also use a short term draconian approach and stick every
>subscriber on review until you clear this message up, with a message to
>the list describing what you are doing.  It is my firm belief that the
>more communication a list-owner has with their list in times of
>difficulty, the better off the list atmosphere will be in the long run.

This approach worked for my list, where one member posted a very contentious
post. My co-owner saw the post come through, and immediately set everyone to
review. We then jointly posted how the list should operate, and carefully
checked all posts for a couple of hours. Most people acknowledged the post, but
it didn't degenerate into a flame war, which is very nearly did !!

(And for the record, posts like that did before I took over list ownership).

James
--
James Chamier, co-owner, The Friends List