Stan Horwitz <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 29 Nov 2006 17:13:50 -0500
I manage a very popular and long-standing LISTSERV list that serves
as a tech support forum for a particular type of software. I manage
this list on a volunteer basis on the LISTSERV 14.5 that I also
happen to maintain.

Recently, a prominent author of books relating to the kind of
software that my list supports requested that I share my list with a
new Mailman forum that he is in the process of setting up. I fully
support that idea for various reasons.

We have a way to allow the Mailman list to accept postings from my
LISTSERV list, but I not quite clear on how to do the reverse. I want
to allow anyone who is subscribed to this new Mailman list to post to
my list via Mailman. My list is configured with "Send= Private". My
list's archives will be stored on this gentlemen's web site. I am not
interested in storing the archives for his Mailman list's archives,
so that makes things simpler.

If anyone has any idea on how I can configure my LISTSERV  list to
accept postings from a Mailman list, please let me know. I will NOT
open this list to public postings though. I am willing to do a bit of
scripting if necessary.