Wed, 18 May 2005 16:26:18 -0500
On Wed, 18 May 2005, Bill Verity wrote:
> As a site manager, I've suppressed a lot of mail with filters.  Can I
> suppress the message about the blocked mail.  Message sort of defeats my
> purpose of blocking the site. I do a serve off drop for individual
> addresses.

I'm not a site manager, but I know what he is talking about.  I've reported
consistent spam addresses to my site manager, and he puts in a block,
but that just changes what *I* get from an item for approval to a list
error message.  It doesn't reduce the *amount* of list administrative mail
I have to deal with, only the nature of it.  This does not help.

Is there some way the site manager can put in a block without a report
being generated each time the block works, just drop the blocked garbage in
the bit bucket?

Douglas Winship  [log in to unmask]