Rich Greenberg <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 17 Apr 2000 08:59:06 -0700
FYI,  here is an email I just sent to [log in to unmask] (the
electronic greeting card site).  If you agree,  you might want to send
them a note adding your support to my suggestion.

From: [log in to unmask] (Rich Greenberg)
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2000 08:39:35 -0700
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: SIBERNET-L: error report from BLUEMOUNTAIN.COM

Dear Bluemountain support,

You have made a change in your mail format which is causing a problem
when your cards are sent to mailing lists.  In order to trap errors wich
many non-compliant mailers send to the list, most Listserv (r)
controlled lists (I don't know if this also applies to other list
software) trap mail which appears to come from userids such as
"postmaster", "postoffice", "mailer" "daemon" and others and treat them
as errors instead of posting them to the list.

Cards from Bluemountain are having this problem.  The "Sender:" line
used to be "[log in to unmask]" and were getting trapped.  Once
the listowners recognized this problem,  those that wanted to allow your
cards added an exemption to the filter to permit
"[log in to unmask]" to go to the list.  Just today I found
that a Bluemountain card had been trapped,  and in looking at the
headers (see below) your "Sender:" line now shows
"[log in to unmask]" instead of postoffice.  This will require
a change in our exemption list if we want them to go thru.

I would like to request that you change this again,  this time using a
userid that is unlikely to be on anybodys filter list.  Good candidates
would be "Cards" or "Greetings" or some such.

Please note that you are the ONLY web greeting card company that has
this problem.  All the others go directly to the list and get
distributed.  In the case of my list,  Sibernet-L,  thats 1100 more
pairs of eyeballs for your advertisers.  (And Sibernet-L is a medium
sized list.

Here is what the bounce looks like: