"Peter M. Weiss +1 814 863 1843" <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 23 Jan 1997 10:57:00 EST
>  The reason I wanted to know is that we are running a contest on my list,
>and to be eligible, one should have been a member of the list before x
>date. therefore It would be very nice to know the date that someone
>subscribed. My question has been answered, I doubt if we are running 1.8c
>yet since I get no dates when I do a query. Thanks for the input,

Trying to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear is always
filled with some risk.  This is NOT a slight at L-Soft or
you, but when one tries to use a feature outside of its
design parameters, then one exposes themselves to some
additional risk of failure.

Those who want to maintain such a data should design their
own with info they garner from the NOTIFY= mail generated.

(Heck some listowners often rebuild their subscriber db from
external data.)

Regards,

/Pete Weiss at Penn State