Stan Ryckman <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 22 Nov 1996 20:22:10 -0500
Hmmm.

My list (GS-L) seems to have recently been converted to 1.8c.  I thought
I'd try out this SUBJECTHDR thing from my test subscription account.

Looks like it overrides DUALHDR, IETFHDR, SHORTHDR, etc. and
forces FULLHDR.

Why was it done this way?  Frankly, seems dumb.  A change to
the displayed "Subject" should be independent of how mail headers
are actually presented.

Why isn't it an independent option?  Say I'd like to get IETF headers
with the subject line changed to have the listname inserted.  What's
wrong with that?  (IETF headers have one good use that I can see:
of default replies to the "From:" person rather than the list,
overriding the list default (in my case, "List,Repect").

Also:  "INFO REFCARD" is still old -- doesn't say anything about this
option.  I would think this would be updated as part of the
installation.

Maybe I just am confused... wouldn't be the first time.  If so,
enlightenment would be appreciated.

Cheers,
Stan Ryckman ([log in to unmask])