Dennis Budd <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 13 Jan 2005 20:46:57 -0600
From another old-timer...

On Thu, 13 Jan 2005, Eric Johnson wrote:

> Stop it. You guys are killing me. I remember when we could fix an error on a
> punch card......

I remember when to fix that punch card error I had to manually
duplicate the punch card on the ol' 026 keypunch up to the column of
the error, and then correct the error and duplicate the rest of the
punch card.

I thought it was such an improvement a few years later, when I worked
on a keypunch that would read the card into electronic memory, let me
edit the card in that memory, and then flick a switch that would
repunch the edited version onto a new card.  Of course, everything
submitted to the computer itself was still on punch cards...

Times *do* change, don't they...

Dennis