Douglas Palmer <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 10 Mar 2005 21:12:49 -0500
On Thu, 10 Mar 2005, Adrianne Schutt wrote:

> 	What I'd really like to do is set the server to reject any message
> containing the list's footer, bouncing it back to the sender with a form
> letter inserted at the top.  Something along the same lines as what happens
> when a member accidentally tries to post from a different (unsubscribed)
> address.

As a listowner this is difficult -- message length is a decent built-in
tool but it has its... limits.

If you have access to a compliant LISTERV maintainer and s/he uses Unix of
some sort and an MTA that can call scripts, I believe I have a pre-process
script somewhere that will drop a message before it reaches LISTSERV based
on content. There is another one that measures original content that might
also work. We had to employ these back when we used LISTSERV Lite and many
of our users had cc:Mail accounts (a nightmare for loop detection).

-- DCP