Dale Steele <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 27 Nov 1995 21:23:55 -0500
   I would like to be able to edit the listname-l mailtpl file for my
list. My list maintainer installed one for me on our LISTSERV/VM system
creating a BOTTOM_BANNER (works fine) but....
  The brief section of the Manual quoted below implies that I should be
able to edit this file once it has been created.  Thus far, I have been
unable to to do this.  When I sent:

> tell listserv get ped-em-l mailtpl

I got this response:

> * File "PED-EM-L MAILTPL" is unknown to LISTSERV.

Am I missing something simple?  I'd rather not bother the busy list
maintainer in order to tinker with the MAILTPL file.

   Thanks,

     -- Dale Steele LISTOWNER: PED-EM-L