"Peter M. Weiss +1 814 863 1843" <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 16 Apr 1995 14:13:00 EDT
>I interpret mailbox full, file system full, disk quota exceeded and
>device not available as a cue to delete the subscriber immediately.

"Me too" -- sortof, kindof, since it depends on my mood, backlog of
bounces (which impacts my mood), my knowledge of the particulars, my
ability to withstand pain or the age of the bounce (if the bounces
occurred say Friday, but I did not get to look at them until Monday, and
they haven't bounced over the weekend, and everthing else "looks right,"
then why bother?).  But then there is some "pain" sometimes in deleting
the subscriber when you get a telephone call, or perhaps e-mail
(hopefully you can e-mail in return) and you have to pay for your
quickness.

I do believe there is an implied social contract that domain, network,
host, and e-mail administrators are providing an "adequate" level of
service and that the user is properly maintaining their mail-box
(quota).

--  co-owner INFOSYS, TQM-L, CPARK-L, ERAPPA-L, JANITORS, LDBASE-L, et -L
[log in to unmask]     "Laissez les bon temps rouler"     +1 814 863 1843
31 Shields Bldg. -- Penn State Univ -- University Park, PA 16802-1202 USA