Francoise Becker <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 9 Jun 2005 16:56:33 -0400
On 9 Jun 2005 at 14:23, Muth, Jane <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> I am creating a tool to be used by our staff  and was wondering if
> anyone has any suggestions or best practices you use that would help
> me improve on the information that is listed below.  Any help would be
> greatly appreciated.

I suggest you browse through the L-Soft website:

http://www.lsoft.com/

and in particular the pages about LISTSERV(R):

http://www.lsoft.com/products/listserv.asp

And all the lovely introductory texts about running mailing lists,
under the "Resources" title in the right side-bar.

Also, for best practices, there is a wealth of ideas in the Case
Studies at:

http://www.lsoft.com/customers/casestudies.asp

As you are browsing around, don't fail to stop by this page:

http://www.lsoft.com/corporate/legal.asp

As I understand it (and I'm no lawyer), the term "listserver" as
opposed to "LISTSERV" appears to be in a legal gray area and the term
"listserver" as a generic could be deemed to "dilute" the LISTSERV(R)
trade mark and must therefore be strongly discouraged.

--
Francoise Becker <[log in to unmask]>

Knowledge is just a click away: http://www.lsoft.com/optin.html