Brian Crawford <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 1 Oct 1998 15:30:53 -0600
At 1:37 PM -0600 10/1/98, Pete Weiss wrote:
>At 14:26 10/1/98 -0500, Angus said:
>|> I've been asked by one of my clients to conduct a training program for new
>|> list owners in their company. They  provide management services to various
>|
>|Brian, I joined one list that was set up to do this, but it was run by an
>|autocratic, unethical, self important, authority [dont dare disagree with me
>|even if I ask for comments]  type .. so was no good at all.  What he was
>|teaching would guarantee so many complaints to the Postmaster and the
>|University it was scarey.
>
>So there is one of your answers ;-) how NOT to run a list :-)

Yeah :-)

>Another invaluable resource:
>
>http://www.lsoft.com/manuals/owner/owner.html
>
>as well as the archives of LSTOWN-L
>
>http://peach.ease.lsoft.com/archives/lstown-l.html

Thanks. I'm already planning to use the owner manual as a resource, as well
as teach these folks how  to use the appropriate support lists to answer
common questions.  Those are certainly rich resources that I use on a daily
basis myself.

I guess to be more to the point, I'm wondering if anyone has developed any
sort of curriculum or teaching guide for people who are training others in
the use of Listserv.  I've got about 3 hours booked to sit down with my
"students" and want to make sure I make the most of my time. I'm okay on
the content--was just looking for some assistance on the organization of
the presentation.

BTW, if it turns out nobody's done this, I am happy to make whatever I
develop available for others to use as a teaching aid.
Brian Crawford
The Crawford Allen Group, Inc
http://www.crawfordallen.com
Chicago