Sat, 23 May 1998 04:46:52 -0500
I apologize to Pete and to everyone else for misreading what Pete
actually wrote.  There is no allowable excuse for my misreading.

I will observe, though, that I have encountered more than one list where
not only header listed  owners were permanently out-to-lunch but also the
host site administrators, which means owner-listserv won't work either.
You hit a brick wall, no one will answer, no one will do anything, doesn't
matter.  Admittedly, I haven't run into one of these for a couple of
years, and the ones I encountered were clearly sites which installed the
EARN/BITNET package and figured it could take care of itself indefinitely
once the lists were installed, if not, well, they didn't realy care.

Again, I beg pardon of Pete and all else for my misreading.  Actually
I rather wish I had included the little note which I forgot, which
was to have suggested that owner-LISTSERV might be more appropriate.
When one makes a fool of oneself there may be solace in the thought
that at least one did a truly thorough job of it.

Douglas