Brian Lingard <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 6 Apr 1995 19:07:08 EDT
6 april 1995 Ottawa Canada

I wish to correct my previous post about making a list less spammable:

subscribe = by_owner
was the corrrect keyword I wanted.  Public subscription requests are
forwarded to the listowner for approval.

subscribe = closed
and public subscription requests are rejected without being forwarded to
the list owner.

subscribe = open
allows automatic subscription processing.

send: private
and manual subscription control should slow down most spams.

But verify all will slow it down a bit more as only the list owner can
delete subscribers and I think I would drag my feet on deleting a
spammer!

As a last rresort, you could make the list moderated but this is labor
intensive but sure is a good way to creae a fire break from flames and
spam.

Brian Lingrd