Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
LISTSERV list owners' forum <[log in to unmask]>
From:
Bill Verity <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Jul 1997 11:44:30 -0500
Not sure how these can happen.  From time to time we get these, but the
approval has always simply been with the "OK" mechanism.  Any one else ever
see these?  I don't know how to track them since no numbers are reported in
the error messages.  The list is *not* peered.  The dates in this example
look old, but that is not relevant.  I've seen this with messages that come
in the same day.  Doesn't happen often.

--- begin forwarded text

Date:         Fri, 24 Jan 1997 16:16:01 -0500
From:         "L-Soft list server at Penn State (1.8b)"
Subject:      Rejected posting to [log in to unmask]
To:           ...

The approval request  code received together with your posting  for the
TRDEV-L list is incorrect. For  a peered  list, this  may be  a normal
condition. The approval protocol  is not guaranteed  to work  among peer
chains  with pre-1.8b servers, and  will also  fail if  the peers  have
a  different password. For a non-peered list, the  only likely
explanation is a failure  in the mail system, or a recent change in mail
system version or configuration. At any rate, please resubmit your
message and go through  the approval procedure a second time, and
contact the LISTSERV administrator if the problem persists.

>>------------------------ Rejected message (50 lines)
>>To: [log in to unmask]
>>From: ...

--- end forwarded text