"Thaxton, Dennis" <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 22 Mar 2001 13:08:30 -0500
        I had a similar situation with AOL last summer and through the
combination of,

a)  a campaign targeted at our AOL subscribers to make them aware of the
problem and get them involved
b)  several phone calls to AOL tech support
c)  some assistance with the Auto-Delete option from Adam Bailey

        this situation has since cleared itself up.  I don't think any one
effort made a huge difference in itself.  But when AOL starts getting the
same message from numerous subscribers and then the List Owner contacts them
and lets them know the list address is legitimate, something apparently
shook loose.  Plus keeping your list settings tweaked to keep your
non-deliverables down to a minimum helps too.
        Rather than flooding this list with several emails that flew back on
forth regarding this problem, as well as the message we sent to our AOL
subscribers, I'll hold off.  If you want me to forward these on to your
personal account, let me know.

Dennis Thaxton
Director for Information Systems
Naval Media Center

-----Original Message-----
From: Lenny Huntley [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Thursday, March 22, 2001 12:24 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: AOL not getting my emails

I am receiving an increasing number of complaints from our AOL customers
that they are not receiving the emails that we send out.  We use ListServ
with the mail-merge feature to generate daily update emails to our
customers.  I have checked the SQL statement and verified that they are
included and have checked the bounce log file and verified that they were
not bounced.  I  am not really sure what to do.  Is anyone else experiencing
this same problem?  Does anyone have any suggestions?

Lenny