Kenneth Sax <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 28 Feb 1999 09:15:45 -0600
I've been reading all the suggestions in response to Louise's flame
situation, including warnings and banishment and so forth, and they're all
very good.

Our list is an unmoderated list, and we would prefer not to have to approve
posts even of those who are problems.  One measure we take for those who
are flaming, as a step more severe than a warning, but not as severe as a
permanent banishment, is to set a subscriber to nopost for a set period of
time - a week for a first offense, with a threat of longer suspensions
and/or permanent bans.  This has the advantage not only of providing an
intermediate measure of punishment, but also providing time for the
subscriber's temper to calm down.

Ken Sax