Randy Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 5 May 1999 16:39:26 -0700
I have all new subscribers set to review.  In my policy statement is a blurb
that people violating the policies (flaming, quoting, soliciting, etc) are set
to review with no notice given.

I don't send the "message submitted to moderator message either"

After years of handling the type of lists I do and due to my own time
constraints, it is just one less level of aggravation and hassle when time can
be spent on more constructive issues.  This has not as of yet presented a
problem for more than a couple of people.

People that get interested in debating the issue of free speech I refer to
lists that cater to that topic.

Cindy, don't let it get to you.  This just happens to be a topic that some
people have strong feelings about and desired to air their views.  I see a
"strong opinion" every time this topic comes up.

In the extreme case where you get a subscriber that actually does query their
account and inquire about it, is probably more interested in politicizing about
how you should run your list and is a problem subscriber anyway.   If you
replace the >>>SIGNUP template from the canned response, subscribers are less
likely to know about that command too.

Randy
http://www.our-kids.org/