Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
LISTSERV list owners' forum <[log in to unmask]>
From:
"Mark R. Williamson" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 Apr 2002 18:08:30 -0500
At 03:09 PM 4/21/02 -0500, Russ Hicks wrote:
>I realize the necessity of asking for their email address
>because that will let Listserv know whether or not they are a subscriber or
>not.

All that entering an email address will prove is that the person entering
it knows (or can guess) the email address of some subscriber.  How much
good is that?

Mark R. Williamson