Jacob Haller <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 14 Apr 1999 09:46:06 -0400
>Hi,
>
>I have a user who is having trouble replying to our list.  Her replies are
>going to [log in to unmask] instead of the correct [log in to unmask]  (The
>lsv is omitted.)
[. . .]
>The possibilities I see:
>
>  The routing information is mangled on the way out of listserv.
>  The information gets altered somewhere on the way to her.
>  Her Eudora stopped handling the information correctly.
[. . .]

Pretty weird.  Your three possibilities look pretty exhaustive to me.

Try to get her to forward you a copy of the full headers from any of the
messages.  (In Eudora you can display the full headers of a message you're
reading by clicking on the button labeled 'blah blah blah' at the top of
the message.)  Then you can see if the Sender, Reply-To, etc. appears
correctly or not.

The only way I could see option three (Eudora not handling the information
correctly) happening if at some point she created a nickname/address book
entry that maps [log in to unmask] to [log in to unmask]  (There may of
course be other possible problems that I'm unaware of.)

Are other subscribers having this problem?

Thanks,
jwgh