Russell Hunt <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 24 Feb 2019 23:59:58 +0000
Thank you. I’ve just forwarded that to my colleague. Should have thought of it – but the only live list I still own is pretty inactive, so I tend to forget about management options.

  *   Russ

Sent: February 24, 2019 7:52 PM

To: [log in to unmask]

Subject: Re: blocking an address

Yes, there is; it’s pretty easy. The list manager should know how to do it, or can find it in the list owner’s manual.

The best way to deal with this is to force new subscribers to be moderated until they make a meaningful post. That’s just a matter of setting the list defaults to “no post”, then removing that restriction after a new user posts appropriately. This would also solve the problem if the recalcitrant poster changes email addresses.

Larry