Stan Ryckman <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 11 Jul 1997 12:43:36 -0400
My list (GS-L) is on TREARN (vm.ege.edu.tr).  Virtually nothing
has come through from there in two weeks, and absolutely nothing
for the last one week.

A small trickle of posts came through approximately Mon. June 30
and Fri. July 4; during that week, "ping" and "traceroute" showed
vm.ege.edu.tr to be down much of the time.

This week, ping and traceroute have shown it to be up, but:
        -> posts to the list
        -> commands to [log in to unmask]  (such as "THANK")
        -> email letters to Turgut Kalfaoglu (site maintainer)
all have been sent without response, not even a bounce.

Meanwhile, those on the list who know my identity (which is most of
the frequent posters) keep asking whether we're permanently dead,
etc.  Frankly, I don't know how to tell.

Anyone know what's going on there?  What can a poor listowner do?

I thought there were over 100 lists at TREARN; does anyone else on
LSTOWN-L have a list there that's either working or not?

Thanks in advance,
Stan Ryckman ([log in to unmask])