Adam Bailey <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 29 Sep 1997 17:50:10 -0500
On 9/29/97 4:39 PM, Samantha Leech <[log in to unmask]> wrote...

>I wanted to be able to review the postings of my entire membership
>...the membership consists of professionals and students.

In your case, you should change the Send header on your List Template to:

   * Send=  Editor

Then make sure you are defined as the Editor for the list.

More information on the Send keyword can be found in Appendix B of the
List Owner's Manual
<http://www.lsoft.com/manuals/owner/appendb.html#Send>.

You could get the same effect by setting all your subscribers to REVIEW
and adding REVIEW to the Default-Options, but I only recommend that in
cases where you want a temporary block on posting to the list. If it's
permanent, and for all of your subscribers, then use the Send header.

>In addition, do I have to subscribe to
>the list myself to receive messages

You do not need to subscribe to be a moderator. You do need to subscribe
to receive list traffic.

>and be able to post or as the
>owner, does that happen automatically?

You'll be able to send messages to the list, but you'll never see them.

--
Adam Bailey      | Chicago, Illinois
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-| "Do not take life too seriously;