Fri, 7 May 1999 14:10:17 -0600
> And I hope it never does.  If I sent mail to a list and it didn't make it,
> and I tried to figure it out, spent hours trying to track down my "email
> problems" only to find out that it was a subscription setting that was
> hidden from me, I would be extremely irritated. People should know where
> they stand.

You make two super good points here.

> If someone is such a troublemaker that letting them know they
> are on review is apt to get them making more trouble, then they deserve
> the DELETE command and the Filter= keyword, not the REVIEW setting.

I agree with you Francoise .. and often REVIEW is used for newbies to the list or to
computers until they "get" how to use their email programs and a list.. not just
because the listowner thinks they are a troublemaker.

I've co-owned and owned lists with a lot of subscribers so far and can't think of one
instance where REVIEW would have been worth spit if they didn't know they were on
review anyway, why, and why a post isn't approved ... nor am I so arrogant that I
wouldn't invite subscribers to argue their case either - I have been known to be
wrong now and then ;-)

  ...Cleo  [log in to unmask]