Dan Lester <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 19 Apr 1997 23:46:57 -0600
At 04:49 AM 4/20/97 GMT, you wrote:
>The 2 addresses cannot be exactly the same, or LISTSERV will set the
>subscription to the last set received.  However, if you 'jigger' one of
>the addresses (in a way that still works, i.e. a valid address) that could
>work, but you have to reverse the settings you suggest.
>
>For example, my address is [log in to unmask]  But you can also send
>email to [log in to unmask], which LISTSERV will see as a
>different address, but it also gets to me without fail if you send to it.

Another angle is to have one as Bparker@....    and one as bparker@....

On some systems those would be treated differently and it wouldn't work for
the user, but on many/most  they would be the same.  To LISTSERV they are
different.

>His 'real' address set nomail, repro.  This is so LISTSERV will echo back
>to him whenever he posts, this will only work for the address he writes
>from.  Note, LISTSERV will echo your post to you even if you are set
>NOMAIL, since the REPRO copy is not considered as 'mail', but a response
>to a kind of 'command'.

I agree with you.  But another experienced listowner has said the opposite.
 I don't find a clear answer in the docs.  Can anyone verify this by
experience?   Or a doc source I didn't find?

dan

Dan Lester
In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.  Erasmus, 1534