dennis hickman <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 16 Jun 2001 07:28:59 +0200
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>>At 3:49 PM -0700 6/15/01, Liz Marr wrote:
        >>~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>>How effective would it be to have the list options "Reply-To=
List,Ignore"
>>when dealing with a virus like this?
>
>Ineffective.
>
>Thanks,
>--
>Jacob Haller, Technical Support
>L-Soft international, Inc
>http://www.lsoft.com/

Is it conceivable that the LSOFT options for message header structure
(on the messages it distributes to the members) could be set to "chop
off" the REPLY-TO line (and maybe any further reference to the
original sender of the message)?

Even better would be to leave the sender's name (assuming s/he has
loaded it in their name-register) and just eliminate all references
to the sender's address.

If this is NOT possible, could I suggest it to Jacob Haller, for the
future consideration of the LSOFT programming team?  It could be
termed the "on-list reply only" or "anonymous list" option.  Our
group has a rule that ALL members MUST put their names and present
city-of-residence at the end of each message, but it's hard to
enforce, because their names are at the top of the message, in the
header.  (If the entire REPLY-To line were eliminated, there should
be a way the list manager can identify the poster, of course).

What do you think?

Dennis Hickman
CETEFL-L