Glenn Alperin <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 19 Apr 1999 00:31:48 -0400
>> Also, how do I set it up to reply only to the list, so that copying the
>> poster is a manual option for the replying party?
>

>That would be  Reply-to:= list   but you are still at the mercy of
>the individual subscriber's mail system.
>
>Welcome to the club, but be aware that long term listownership and
>retention of sanity may be incompatible.
>
>Douglas

I am using a mail system from the dark ages, so incompatibility is
usually the norm for me.  That said, if a reply-to header is sent along
with an e-mail message, it will be happily ignored by my mail program.
My mail system seems to default to replying to the contents of the
From field, which for a list will always be the list address.  I believe
that any "non-conforming" mail program will treat this problem in the
same way.  To get such results for those programs which do conform,
you'll want something like reply-to=List, Ignore

BTW, doesn't reply-to for LISTSERV default to list, respect, and if not,
what happens when you leave out the second parameter like Douglas did
in his example here?

Glenn

--
One who refuses to speak has refused to have a voice.
One who refuses to have a voice will surely be forgotten.

Glenn Alperin