Dan Lester <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 13 Sep 1994 16:14:29 MST
Douglas, I'm confused.  Are you just using AUTOCAT as an example?

I can see why one might want it to be REALLY private if it were
the CHILMOLE list for child molesters or something, but even
gay-libn and bisexu-l aren't totally private.  Are the catalogers
of the library world getting so private and paranoid that they
don't even want anyone to know that they are on the list, or what
the list is about?  o-)

Or has AUTOCAT just kept the old title and changed to KINKYLIB since
I was last on it?

cyclops, who really does NOT understand why anyone wouldn't want folks
          to know what a NON-PRIVATE list is even about

  Dan Lester                          Internet: [log in to unmask]
  Network Information Coordinator     WWW: http://cyclops.idbsu.edu
  Boise State University Library
  Boise, Idaho  83725                 In the kingdom of the blind, the
  208-385-1235                        one-eyed man is king.  Erasmus. 1523