Tue, 11 Aug 1998 02:11:20 -0500
I base my statement that "you did nothing" on Nathan's statement to me
that there was nothing you could do about it.  If you did do something
about it I am very glad, if this listowner no longer keeps people who want
off her list on by force.

As to going only by stories from disgruntled subscribers, I never did
that.  I talked to the listowner about them, asked why she would not let
them off her list (almost always locked so people could not get off)  and
she told ME how sad their cases were, that trying to get off the list was
a clear indication they were going to committ suicide and they must
continue on the list, while they are screaming at me they'll commit
suicide if she won't leave them alone.

I believed what they said because it precisely matched the behaviour
and writings of the listowner in question, and many of the claims of
the subscribers were confirmed, to me, by the listowner.

Douglas