Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 12 Nov 2000 20:29:15 -0700
On Sat, 11 Nov 2000 12:01:30 -0600, "Hortensia T. Valdes"
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>I have successfully installed and configured listserv classic...Now I would like to be able to password protect the list archives that I've set up to be ssearch via the web interface....Any Ideas on how to do this??

As documented, change the last word on the Notebook= line.

For example:

 Notebook= Yes, e:\lists\lstown-l, monthly, public

change to

 Notebook= Yes, e:\lists\lstown-l, monthly, private

That is all that is necessary to invoke LISTSERV's password protection for the
message archives.