Martin Randall <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 17 Feb 2005 14:29:44 -0500
At 02:24 PM 2/17/2005, you wrote:
>On 17 Feb 2005 at 14:11, Pete Weiss wrote:
>
> > I have found (haven't checked it lately) that the -SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@
> variant is
> > NOT bullet-proof: for those folks who generate mail with a
> >

> > FROM: userid@node
> >

> > w/ NO Name field, the subscribe will fail.
>
>No longer true in LISTSERV 14.3, and I think even in later versions
>of 1.8e.
>
>Another option, IFF your LISTSERV site is configured to do
>mail-merge, is to set Mail-merge=Yes in your list header and add a
>http://community.emailogy.com/scripts/wa-community.exe?SUBED1=LSTOWN-L in your bottom banner. This makes a
>clickable link that goes to the web site and actually does the action
>requested.
>
>Francoise

Documented Restriction: Note that LISTSERV's mail merge functionality
REQUIRES the use of LSMTP Classic as the outgoing MTA. Mail merge does not
work with LSMTP Lite, sendmail, qmail, Post.Office, Netscape Mail Server,
Microsoft Exchange, PMDF, MX, or any other MTA except L-Soft's LSMTP
Classic mailer.

We don't have LSMTP

Regards...Martin